.:Ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ:. منتديات طلبة جامعة منتوري قسنطينة .:Ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ:.
بســـمِ آلله الرحمآن الرحيم
السلآم عليكم ورحمة الله وبركآته
نتـمنى لكـــ قضـآء ـأوقـآت ممتــعه و مفيده معنـآ
ـإستمـتع برفقتنـآ وـاستفيد من مواضيعنا وأفيد
في منتدـآنـآ ـالرـآئع و ـالمتألق
منتـديـآت ♥️ طلبة جامعة منتوري قسنطينة ♥️
شكـرـآ لـزيـآرتنـآ
وشكرا لاشتراكك معنا....
اضغط على التسجيل اذا كنت / ي غير مسجل/ة
و على دخول اذا كنت عضو/ة
بســـمِ آلله الرحمآن الرحيم
السلآم عليكم ورحمة الله وبركآته
نتـمنى لكـــ قضـآء ـأوقـآت ممتــعه و مفيده معنـآ
ـإستمـتع برفقتنـآ وـاستفيد من مواضيعنا وأفيد
في منتدـآنـآ ـالرـآئع و ـالمتألق
منتـديـآت ♥️ طلبة جامعة منتوري قسنطينة ♥️
شكـرـآ لـزيـآرتنـآ
وشكرا لاشتراكك معنا....
اضغط على التسجيل اذا كنت / ي غير مسجل/ة
و على دخول اذا كنت عضو/ة
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

منتديات طلبة جامعة منتوري قسنطينة - الجزائر
منتدى الطلبة الجزائريين و العرب

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول
دخول
اسم العضو:
كلمة السر:
ادخلني بشكل آلي عند زيارتي مرة اخرى: 
:: لقد نسيت كلمة السر
ساعــة المنتدى
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم
المواضيع الأخيرة
» T.P du électricité السنة أولى بالغة العربية
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالإثنين 14 يناير 2019 - 0:15 من طرف boufris

» 232 مذكرة اختصاص مالية نقود و بنوك
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالأحد 16 ديسمبر 2018 - 23:03 من طرف Amona la

» التلوث البيئي واثره على التنمية السياحية والغطاء النباتي
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالسبت 15 ديسمبر 2018 - 11:52 من طرف Yass

» الاعمال التطبيقية كهرباء RC
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالإثنين 2 أكتوبر 2017 - 17:27 من طرف gaetan

» النسخة الاخيرهـ من إنترنت داونلود مانجر IDM 6.3 Beta 10
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالجمعة 29 سبتمبر 2017 - 17:22 من طرف gaetan

» تأسّف
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالسبت 15 أبريل 2017 - 12:40 من طرف hassane1984

» مرحبا انا جديدة معكم
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالإثنين 20 مارس 2017 - 12:29 من طرف hassane1984

» اريد مساعدة منكم اذا ممكن
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالإثنين 20 مارس 2017 - 12:21 من طرف hassane1984

» أطفال حلبَ الضائعون
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالأربعاء 5 أكتوبر 2016 - 13:34 من طرف hassane1984

» المكتبة الرقمية
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالسبت 17 سبتمبر 2016 - 11:42 من طرف hassane1984

» الهيئات المشاركة في صنع السياسة الخارجية
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالسبت 17 سبتمبر 2016 - 11:02 من طرف hassane1984

» عاجل
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالسبت 4 يونيو 2016 - 1:37 من طرف cha_chou

» ممكن طلب مساعدة في موضوع : التقييم في مصالح الأرشيف لزميلة في معي في جامعة وهران
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالسبت 21 مايو 2016 - 12:01 من طرف yosra31

» بحث حول المجتمع المدني
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالأحد 28 فبراير 2016 - 0:17 من طرف ناصر الحق محي الدين

» بحث حول الديمقراطية
what is phrasal verbs Emptyالثلاثاء 16 فبراير 2016 - 15:28 من طرف chinwi04

أفضل 10 أعضاء في هذا المنتدى
hassane1984 - 6878
what is phrasal verbs I_vote_rcapwhat is phrasal verbs I_voting_barwhat is phrasal verbs I_vote_lcap 
وائل فلسطين - 3767
what is phrasal verbs I_vote_rcapwhat is phrasal verbs I_voting_barwhat is phrasal verbs I_vote_lcap 
الخنساء - 2815
Ninjaa1 - 2415
الجزائر اسمي - 2385
Kenza Dk - 1948
القناص - 1781
lilia-labesta - 1423
ميسم - 1355
imene hanena - 1271
مركز لرفع الملفات و الصور على الأنترنت
what is phrasal verbs Qmar15.com-dca0201ef0
nwail
ساعــة المنتدى

what is phrasal verbs

اذهب الى الأسفل 
2 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
الخنساء
:. مشرف سابق .:
:. مشرف سابق .:
الخنساء

انثى
عدد المساهمات : 2815
العمر : 22
تاريخ التسجيل : 21/04/2009
السٌّمعَة : 27
نقاط : 16288

what is phrasal verbs Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: what is phrasal verbs   what is phrasal verbs Emptyالإثنين 26 أبريل 2010 - 21:09

[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذه الصورة]

What is a Phrasal Verb?

Phrasal verbs are idiomatic expressions, combining verbs and prepositions to make new verbs whose meaning is often not obvious from the dictionary definitions of the individual words. They are widely used in both written and spoken English, and new ones are formed all the time as they are a flexible way of creating new terms

Phrasal verbs هي كلمة تطلق على أفعال يضاف إليها أحرف جر مما يؤدي إلى تغيير معنى الفعل كلياً. مثلاً، الفعل call يعني ينادي و لكن عندما أضفنا حرف الجر off للفعل call أصبحت عبارة call off تعني يلغي

Phrasal Verb List

A simple list of phrasal verbs for students who are in a hurry to learn just a few basic verbs.

The dictionary will give you more detailed information and you can find plenty of examples in the corpus.

Be off.- 1 Be cancelled: The meeting is off. 2 Leave: I'll be off then. See you later.

Be over.- Be finished: My holidays are nearly over.

Be up to.- 1 Be somebody's responsibility: It's up to him to make that decision. 2 Be doing or thinking of doing something bad: I knew Paul was up to no good.

Blow up.- 1 Explode: A suicide bomber blew himself up near a crowded market. 2 Inflate: More volunteers are needed to blow up the balloons. 3 Become angry: He blew up when a reporter asked him about his drinking.

Break down.- 1 Stop working: Sorry I'm late. The car broke down on the way here. 2 Lose control and cry: He broke down and admitted that he couldn't cope with the situation.

Break up.- End: The couple argued constantly and finally broke up.

Bring up.- Take care of children until they're adults: He was brought up by his aunt.

Brush up.- Revise something you've partly forgotten: I want to brush up my English because I haven't studied it for 5 years.

Call back.- Return a phone call or call later: Just leave your contact information below, and we will call you back as soon as possible.

Calm down.- Relax: Don't get so angry! Just calm down.

Carry out.- Do a task: According to a survey carried out in 1999 one in five Britons are now opting for alternative medicine.

Catch up.- Reach somebody or reach certain level: She tried to catch up with the other competitors, but they were just too fast.

Check in.- Report that you have arrived at a hotel or airport: We checked into the hotel a little after midnight.

Check out.- 1 Check that something is true: Don't forget to check out the information. 2 Pay your bill and leave: After breakfast, I checked out of the hotel.

Cheer up.- Feel happier: I took him to the party because he needed cheering up.

Come across.- Find by chance: I came across an old friend in the street.

Come on.- Make progress: How's dinner coming on? I'm starving.

Come round.- 1 Visit: Would you like to come round on Saturday? We'll be in all day. 2 Recover conciousness: I had no idea what had happened to me when I came round.

Come up with.- 1 Think of: You're going to have to come up with something to tell her. 2 Produce: It was impossible for me to come up with the money that was needed by Friday.

Cut down.- Reduce: You should at least cut down on the amount you smoke.

Cut off.- Disconnect: We were cut off in the middle of our telephone conversation.

Do up.- Improve: I spent a month doing up the flat and I think it's quite nice now.

Drop off.- 1 Fall asleep: The girl was so tired that she dropped off to sleep at once. 2 Take somebody in your car: Come on. I'll drop you off at your flat.

Fall over.- Fall to the ground: She slipped on the ice and fell over.

Fill in.- Complete: She gave me a form and told me to fill it in.

Fall out.- Stop being friends: They fell out and didn't talk to each other for nine months.

Fill up.- Become full: Places are filling up fast on courses starting in the new year.

Find out.- Discover: She's going to find out sooner or later.

Get in.- 1 Enter: Get into the car. We're leaving. 2 Arrive: Can you tell Mr Harrison to phone me as soon as he gets in?

Get off.- Leave a vehicle: Just as we got off the bus, it started to rain.

Get on.- 1 Have a good relationship: David's nice, but I don't get on with Mark. 2 Go aboard a vehicle: I got on the train and travelled all the way to Kings Cross.

Get out.- 1 Leave: A security guard told him to get out. 2 Become known: Word got out that a nuclear submarine was coming into port.

Get over.- Recover: She's slowly getting over her illness.

Get up.- Get out of bed: She gets up at seven every morning.

Give away.- Give something for free: I had a lot of books I didn't want to keep so I gave them away to a friend.

Give out.- Distribute: Her job is to answer questions and give out leaflets.

Give up.- Stop trying to do something or stop using something: Eating healthfully does not mean you have to give up everything that you enjoy.

Go off.- 1 Explode: The bomb went off just metres from the market entrance. 2 Not good anymore: Put the milk in the fridge or it will go off.

Go through.- Pass: We're sure that you will get through your exam.

Grow up.- Develop from child to adult: He grew up in a small village in the country.

Hold on.- Wait: All our lines are busy, but please hold on.

Hold up.- 1 Delay: The march held up traffic in the city centre but there was no trouble or arrests. 2 Rob: He was held up at gunpoint.

Lay off.- Sack: They will have to lay off some of their staff.

Let down.- Disappoint: I was supposed to travel with a friend but she let me down at the last moment.

Let off.- 1 Not punish or punish lightly: She was let off with a fine. 2 Make something explode: Make sure you let off fireworks in an open space.

Look after.- Take care: He's looking after the children.

Look forward to.- Be excited about something that's going to happen: I'm looking forward to the concert.

Look up.- Search for information: He looked up all the new words in the dictionary.

Make up.- Invent: I'm not making it up. It's true.

Own up.- Admit you've done something wrong: After 3 days in the police station he finally owned up and admitted that he had committed the crime.

Pick up.- 1 Lift someone or something: I couldn't even begin to pick it up, it was too heavy. 2 Collect: I'll pick you up at your house at seven. 3 Win: Cameron Diaz picked up two awards for Charlie's Angels.

Put away.- 1 Put something where it's usually kept: After they use something, it's their responsibility to put it away. 2 Eat or drink: I can put away quite a few pints of Guinness. 3 Save: He's put away a decent sum of money. 4 Send to prison: I hope he gets put away for life.

Put down.- Stop holding: He finished the book and put it down on the table.

Put off.- Do later: Let's put off the meeting until Monday.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
Ninjaa1
.:: المدير التنفيذي ::.
.:: المدير التنفيذي ::.
Ninjaa1

ذكر
عدد المساهمات : 2415
العمر : 33
الإختصاص الجامعي : علوم اقتصادية
مكان الإقامة : Home sweet home
تاريخ التسجيل : 28/08/2009
السٌّمعَة : 76
نقاط : 11061

what is phrasal verbs Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: what is phrasal verbs   what is phrasal verbs Emptyالإثنين 26 أبريل 2010 - 21:18

:THANKS:
very interresting topic girl
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

what is phrasal verbs
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Phrasal Verbs
» What are Modal Verbs?
» MODEL VERBS
» english irregular verbs

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
.:Ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ:. منتديات طلبة جامعة منتوري قسنطينة .:Ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ:. :: منتديات اللغات الأجنبية :: كلية الإنجليزية-
انتقل الى: